Founded in 1957, D. Wilson Construction Company has built a solid reputation as the leader in commercial and industrial construction. With offices in the Rio Grande Valley and San Antonio, D WIlson Construction serves all of South and Central Texas. Our completed projects cover a diverse range of educational facilities, corporate offices, industrial space, financial institutions, healthcare facilities, retail centers, houses of worship and more.
For decades, D. Wilson has served clients in South & Central Texas with pride growing the business incrementally with increased annual revenues and new employee owners. In 2007, the company broke the $50M annual revenue threshold, in 2014, the company doubled the annual revenue to +$100M annually with 44 employee owners. Because of its outstanding commitment to building high quality commercial projects, D. Wilson Construction has been ranked as one of the Top 100 Construction Companies by ENR Texas & Louisiana Construction magazine since 2005.
When Mike Wilson retired in 2000, the brothers decided to sell the company to its employees via an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). Effective October 1, 2000, D. Wilson Construction Company was owned by the D. Wilson Construction Company Employee Stock Ownership Plan. The brothers financed the purchase on a 20-year note, selling 100% of the shares to 25 employees. The construction market boomed simultaneously, and the note was paid in full in only seven years. The company currently has over 80 employee owners in South and Central Texas.